Thursday, May 20, 2010

Google Earth










For all those who believe that Google earth is a bad thing I’m here to say that from the start I believe it is a great tool. The opportunity for the public to use this tool, is such a great reward for us that its unbelievable. If you were to tell the colonist that we have a map that will pinpoint an exact location for you in a second in the comfort of your own home on a screen, they would probably faint.




This tool given to us lets us view places all around the world that some people may never see, but to see this raw footage of satellite capture, it’s amazing. Now for all you that do not know what Google earth is, it’s a satellite image of the whole entire earth. You may ask yourself, can it really see everything, it sure can. You can use this program to find the fastest point from A to B. You can create virtual tours for yourself, even look on other countries in which you may be visiting in some near future. Not to mention the endless applications that you can download to enhance this program, such as the featured weather and Planes app. The weather app will locate which ever city you would like to know the temperature and can tell you everything from wind direction to how hot it is, or if there’s a chance of rain in the next 3 days. The airplane app is one that lets your virtually track a flights progress, so those worrying about loved ones in the air at a certain time, they can track the flight and put them to ease.

Now obviously there is going to be skeptics, and to them I say that there comes new technology in our world every day, to be concerned about the privacy through this is crazy, there is so much out there that can hurt you, while this product is just something that enhances map taking to a next level. For my personal use I used this product when it first came out and I was young, so I would look at the places that I lived and it gave me a nostalgic look at the surrounding area of my upbringing. At the current house that I live, I looked around in the back woods to maybe find some open area that I never had seen before. Needless to say I found that there were tons and tons of paths that I had never seen before, and maybe never had ventured out to see. It gave me a chance to experience the best of the outdoors, and able to find new pathways to neighbors and friends houses.



So in closing I believe that like everything in this world, yes you will have people who use products and technology for the worse of human kind, but the good farther outweighs the bad. I can only see this is being a great thing to come and could possibly save people’s lives in one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment